Luvox is indicated for the treatment of obsessions and compulsions in patients with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Luvox is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It works by restoring the balance of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain, which helps to decrease anxiety and obsessive or compulsive behavior.
Use Luvox as directed by your doctor.
- Take Luvox by mouth with or without food.
- Take Luvox at bedtime unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Continue to take Luvox if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Luvox without checking with your doctor. Side effects may occur. They may include mental or mood changes, numbness or tingling of the skin, dizziness, confusion, headache, trouble sleeping, or unusual tiredness. You will be closely monitored when you start Luvox and whenever a change in dose is made.
- If you miss a dose of Luvox, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Luvox.
Store Luvox at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Avoid temperatures above 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Luvox out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Fluvoxamine maleate.