Isoptin is used for treating high blood pressure. It may be used alone or with other medicines. Isoptin is a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing (dilating) your blood vessels, which lowers blood pressure.
Use Isoptin as directed by your doctor.
- Take Isoptin by mouth with or without food.
- Check with your doctor before you eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you use Isoptin.
- Swallow Isoptin whole. Do not crush or chew before swallowing.
- Taking Isoptin at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- If you miss a dose of Isoptin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Isoptin.
Store Isoptin between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Isoptin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Verapamil.