Combivent Aerosol is used for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in patients who require more than one bronchodilator. Combivent Aerosol is a combination of a beta-adrenergic (sympathomimetic) bronchodilator and an anticholinergic bronchodilator. It works by relaxing and widening the air passages, which helps you breathe more easily.
Use Combivent Aerosol as directed by your doctor.
- Insert the metal canister into the clear end of the mouthpiece. Make sure the canister is fully and firmly inserted into the mouthpiece. The canister is only to be used with the mouthpiece provided. Do not use the mouthpiece with other medicines.
- Test spray Combivent Aerosol 3 times before the first use of a new canister and when the canister has not been used for more than 24 hours. Do not spray Combivent Aerosol in the eyes.
- Remove the orange dust cap from the mouthpiece before using Combivent Aerosol and replace it after you are finished.
- Shake well for at least 10 seconds before each use.
- Keep your eyes closed while using Combivent Aerosol to avoid getting it in your eyes.
- Keep the mouthpiece clean. Wash it with hot water. If soap is used, rinse well with plain water. Dry completely before using.
- Keep track of the number of sprays used. Throw the canister away after 200 sprays. After 200 sprays, the canister may not deliver the correct amount of medicine with each spray.
- Contact your health care provider at once if you feel you have taken too much of Combivent Aerosol.
- Continue to use Combivent Aerosol even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Combivent Aerosol, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Combivent Aerosol.
Store Combivent Aerosol at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Avoid excessive humidity or direct sunlight. Contents are under pressure. Exposure to heat above 120 degrees F (50 degrees C) may cause bursting. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Never throw the container into a fire or incinerator. Keep Combivent Aerosol out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredients: Ipratropium bromide and Albuterol sulfate.