Buspar is used for the short-term relief of anxiety symptoms.Buspar is an antianxiety agent. It reacts with specific chemical receptors in the brain.
Use Buspar as directed by your doctor.
- Take Buspar by mouth. Take it consistently, either always with food or always without food.
- Avoid large amounts of grapefruit or grapefruit juice while you are taking Buspar. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions about including grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet while you are taking Buspar.
- Buspar is designed to be taken every day to prevent anxiety symptoms. It does not work if it is only taken as needed or only when anxiety symptoms are present.
- Continue to take Buspar even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Buspar, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Buspar.
Store Buspar at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Avoid storing at temperatures above 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Keep Buspar out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Buspirone HCl.